In our last post, Why Manufacturers Need PIM (Part I), we discussed the current state of the commercial equipment manufacturing industry. We explained how product content is critical and how the status-quo is out-of-step with how consumers research and purchase commercial kitchen equipment and other restaurant supply goods.
In this post, we'll uncover the benefits of a Product Information Management (PIM) solution.
Unravelling the Product Information Management Hairball
As we have outlined, the management of product information, or lack thereof, has far reaching consequences for commercial equipment manufacturers.
Manufacturers need a robust content management solution that can help them keep pace with the mountains of content they produce, consumer demand, and the complexities of the multi-channel ecosystem they face.
With a content management solution, manufacturers can collect, validate, and manage information from various sources and synchronize that data – all from an easy-to-use application interface.
Here are just some of the benefits that manufacturers are realizing from Product Information Management solutions:
- Manage Product Data: Store, manage, and publish product information in a central data management platform, faster than the old method of pulling data from disparate sources.
- Seamless Content Publishing: Quickly publish your content (specs, images, videos, warranties, pricing, etc.) in rich formats to industry quoting applications or publish eCatalogs to dealers – making it easier for end buyers to search and find products – all in one place.
- Collaboration: Enable seamless workflows between teams to aid in the collaboration and governance of content.
- Faster Time-to-Market: Experience faster time-to-market by reducing catalog production cycles while improving accuracy and more rapidly responding to the dynamic promotional needs of marketers and merchandisers.
- Upsell and Cross-Sell: Manage complex relationships between products and enable intelligent search to aid in guided-selling (“if you bought this, you should get this accessory too”).
- Order Process Transparency and Faster Payments: Get real-time insight into PO status along with automated payment processes to help you increase cash flow and get paid faster.
The ROI of PIM is significant, helping manufacturers meet the challenges of managing content and stay in-tune with market demands, while increasing visibility and efficiency to expand sales and close deals faster.
Has your business adopted a PIM solution? Share the biggest benefit you're seeing across your organization in the Comments section below.